Location: Bournemouth office 3-5 days per week, up to 2 days remote working
Hours: Mon to Fri 8hrs/day start between 8am and 9am t.b.a.
Salary: Subject to Experience
This is a really exciting role for anyone wanting to work at the heart of a digital agency with a 23-year history and an excellent client portfolio. The role is focused on frontend development, production of websites with Experience Platforms and ongoing maintenance.
Focus is to produce engaging websites and interactive experiences for our clients, through the process of styling and delivering within HTML, CSS, CMS Configuration and CMS Content Population activities, the website solutions are specified for you by the Solution Architect and Experience Team. Involves working closely with them to understand and transform their specifications and designs / wireframes into high quality, rich, interactive experiences.
You will provide Experience Platform technical leadership throughout the project lifecycle, by exploring and defining the technical implementation of functional requirements using both out of the box CMS functionality, common components Appius have developed prior to or during the project, styling of existing components in new ways or defining and implementing new components / styling. You will prototype and build solutions using your knowledge and experience whilst drawing upon Senior Frontend Developers if needed, and Developers for BED required to create new components. Experience Platforms (.NET content management systems) we work with include; Sitecore, Episerver, Sitefinity and Umbraco.
Core Skills for the Role:
- HTML, XHTML, SCSS coding skills including use of frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Coding for device diversity, PC/Mac; Tablet; Smartphone and cross browser
- Integrating controls and plug-ins and widgets to produce dynamic pages in a component based approach
- Translate functional spec. into implementation guide / FED & CMS production approach
- Implement Content Management architecture, configuration and development processes
- Integrate FED code into CMS and also configuration of content management system
- Understand scope of a release and its functionality, so you can consider how best to build
- Ensure functional and technical documentation is well understood and is iterated throughout the project journey
- Discuss any scope deviation or ambiguity with the Solutions Architect, Senior Frontend Developer, Release Planning & Test Manager and Experience Team or potentially the client.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience with NodeJS and Gulp build system is desirable
- Experience with VueJS is desirable
- Experience working with content management systems / Experience Platforms; Sitecore, Episerver, Sitefinity and Umbraco
- Delivering accessible (W3C WAI WCAG 2.0 AA) public websites is desirable
- Experience with version control systems such as Git desirable
- Experience with XML, XSLT and technical SEO techniques is desirable
- Graphics manipulation in creative software
- Creation of HTML emails, including responsive emails, is desirable
- Understanding of developing solutions utilizing .Net and MVC
- Methodical mindset for release and requirements planning
Training and Development Investment
We invest in technology partner training and online developer training. There is on the job training with our Senior Frontend Developer.
What we offer in return:
- Full training given to progress in this role
- Health Care Scheme with gym membership discounts
- Pension Scheme
- Additional days holiday for each year completed (up to 5 additional days)
- Team days/evenings out
- Bournemouth based office 5 mins walk to the award winning beach
Personal Situation: The right candidate will already be based in Bournemouth or the surrounding area, alternatively if they are relocating they must have strong ties to the area such as family.