The Silicon South Network aims to create a transformation in the recognition, ambition and abilities of the Digital, Creative and Tech sector – in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Dorset and close surrounding areas.
Our vision is:
- Build the reputation of the region’s sector to maximise the appeal of working for the companies in it – and attract people and business to locate here
- Strengthen the interest of potential customers in the services and products offered by businesses in our Network
- Improve the capability of local businesses to manage ever-evolving demands and opportunities, and deliver financially-sustainable, imaginative and innovative solutions
Who is the Network for?
The Network is aimed at everyone working in this region’s sector. This includes:
- Those companies which are already established and provide great examples of the work, products or clients that show the depth of the local industry
- The emerging talent and new businesses that offer ongoing diversification of the breadth of digital, creative and tech propositions
- The people working in the sector – whose skills and experience businesses depend on. This extends over to those people fulfilling sector-related roles in other industries
- The businesses and people who are not yet in the region but could be encouraged to move here.
How do we approach this?
The Vision is bold and complex. We are not specifying a single approach to deliver it. Instead the Network will deliver an evolving series of tasks that will be defined and measured. These activities will be guided by the requirements of the sector as defined by an industry Steering Group.
The Silicon South Network has emerged out several years of development, research and support provided by the founding board. This journey has been mapped as a visual guide.