Location: Bournemouth office 3-5 days per week, up to 2 days remote working
Hours: Mon to Fri 8hrs/day start between 8am and 9am t.b.a.
Salary: Subject to Experience. Junior, Mid & Seniors welcome.
Exciting role for anyone who wishes to work at the heart of a digital delivery and project management environment for a digital agency with over 25 years history and an excellent client portfolio. The role is focused on project management, traffic management, planning and resourcing of work for customers by the competency teams. Maximising quality deliverables being completed and correctly delivered first time, as well as efficient understanding, throughput and productive use of the competency teams.
The role will identify and facilitate the definition of project and retainer releases, manage the progress of deliverables within these releases to completion, and ensure that the project and its associated releases are completed in alignment with the specification and ongoing client dialogue. Central to this role will be an understanding of the deliverables that align with the functional and technical specifications, the QA Analysts development of test plans, the execution of this testing and the management of the resolution of bugs.
The traffic management approach is facilitated through a 6-week view of resourcing, which feeds into this week, next week and last week focus for weekly activity, which this role will help to administer under the guidance of the Program Director. Tools that are used in the role include primarily TargetProcess, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Excel to manage and define release packages and deliverables, manage team time logging and the management of release confidence and variance.
Role is aimed at junior experienced project managers. Full training will be given to help progression.
Project, Risk & Resource Management:
- Traffic management and prioritisation of features, requirements and the associated releases to maximise productivity
- Confidence and variance management across features, requirements and releases
- Daily and weekly resourcing adjustments and scheduling of team
- Support the completion of weekly resourcing / capacity processes
- Manage, monitor and report on confidence / risk and requirement variances
- Provide regular release status reports for internal and external use
- Manage risks, actions, issues, decisions (RAID) and internal and external escalations
- Facilitate communication and dialogue within the team to achieve release objectives
Release Planning & QA:
- Understand scope of a release and its functionality, so that you can work with QA Analysts and Developers to create test plans
- Support preparation of Release Notes to communicate release content to client
- Manage testing during stabilisation phase of each release and then the overall project
Desirable skills or those on which you will be trained:
- Project management ideally using agile methods
- Experience of working on digital projects useful
- Analytical and methodical mindset for release planning in TargetProcess
- Good communication and people management skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office, and in particular Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Project
- Company profit and gross margin
- Volume of productive hours or “throughput” managed
- Release recovery ratios and confidence levels
- Personal billable hours achieved
What we offer in return:
- Full training given to progress in this role
- Health Care Scheme with gym membership discounts
- Pension Scheme
- Additional days holiday for each year completed (up to 5 additional days)
- Team days/evenings out
- Bournemouth based office 5 mins walk to the award winning beach
Personal Situation: The right candidate will already be based in Bournemouth or the surrounding area, alternatively if they are relocating they must have strong ties to the area such as family.
The right candidate would typically have a degree from a marketing, digital or IT background.