In Nov 2019, the Silicon South Network was launched…and over the past three years a lot has been achieved!
The team has successfully launched a range of activities and services to help create and establish a Network for the digital, creative and tech sector, although these are coming under increasing pressure.
Encouragingly, they’ve been attended and supported by many local businesses, who have shaped the proposition to guarantee the Network provides exactly what’s most needed. So we’re in a great place to deliver what industry leaders were demanding just a few years ago.
Admittedly it’s not been plain sailing – what with the pandemic, hard Brexit, European war, cost of living crisis, etc! However, the team was able to imaginatively take advantage of available public funding to supplement the costs of setting this all up.
Now it’s all set up, the tightening of the public purse has left no obvious funding available to support this anymore. It’s frustrating of course, but a reality we can’t ignore. It means it’s down to all of us, as an industry, to keep the Network services running.
Hopefully you’ve got a pretty good idea of what these are by now. The key ones are all listed out below. They present a well-balanced selection of services – that support members at both the individual and sector-wide levels. Personally, I’m really excited by the major PR campaign we’re launching this month to promote our regional sector to the world! But there’s a lot more besides.
Please do have a look at all the good things the Silicon South is providing. If you like the look of it, please seriously consider joining the network.
Joining the network is really simple – just click here for details.
These are just some of the key services Silicon South provides. They deliver a mix of direct and indirect benefits to all Supporters:
- Lobbying and a voice – for the digital, creative and tech sectors to local and national bodies.
To make sure the industry matters to decision makers – and funding & support gets awarded
- Campaigning – Watch out for the Work, Life, Better campaign in Jan ’23 – A national PR campaign to promote the BCP sector to the nation!
- Speak Easy – A social get-together for anyone working in the sector to network and make contacts
- Founder Peer groups – A unique way for small business owners to gain fresh perspectives
- A pathway for Talent – We work with unis/schools to make students aware of the industry
- Talent Exchange – A simple tool for prospective talent to connect with businesses directly
- The Directory – A destination for prospective clients to find local suppliers and expertise
- Freelance database – A place for locally-based Freelancers to be found by BCP companies
- Jobs board – A single board to discover industry-specific jobs available in BCP
- Directors Dinner – The chance to talk openly about challenges you or the sector face with peers
- Mentor match up – A place for directors to guide early-stage entrepreneurs (launches Jan23)