Silicon South – Network Manager Vacancy
Network Manager Position at Silicon South, Bournemouth
Starting May 2021
The Silicon South Network is dedicating to supporting the Digital, Creative and Tech (DCT) industry in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Dorset and surrounding areas.
We support our subscribers through activities that include:
· Meetup groups for founders, leaders and employees
· Introductions to new business prospects
· Closer links to emerging talent from Universities and Colleges
· Opportunities to build new contacts and relationships
· The development of skills
· Providing wider exposure for Supporters and this region’s sector as a whole
We need someone to help in delivering these activities, and in pushing forward the future development of the Network – to strengthen businesses and the people working in the industry, and build the reputation of both the network and the region.
We are currently part-funded by the European Regional Development fund and HM Government.
It’s a varied role, which needs enthusiasm, self-motivation, sociability and organisational skills.
The role will involve:
– Working with the Director to devise and implement strategic growth plans for the Silicon South Network
– Ensuring you are front and centre of the DCT industry in Dorset – attending networking events (online for now, IRL in the future), engaging in conversations and sharing thoughts and opinions in conjunction with our Senior Marketing Executive
– Encourage businesses and leaders to get involved and join the Network
– Deliver specific programmes and activities which will support the sector
– Reporting back to the ERDF Project Lead on outputs and metrics
– Support processes that monitor the engagement and subsequent growth of companies
– Taking charge of the Silicon South CRM system to create targets and track stakeholder journeys
– Provide clear reporting of activities to the project director and the Silicon South board as required
– Deliver additional activities as required briefed and agreed with the director
– Assist the Director with future funding applications and additional opportunities
Silicon South is a not-for-profit organisation based in Bournemouth, run by a small but passionate team of staff, although all working from home currently. The right candidate will be integral to the growth and development of the business, an extremely organised and driven individual who has a good knowledge of the sector is vital.
This role would suit someone who has experience as an account manager, project manager or possibly a business development role.
This is an 8-month contract, initially – with the intention to extend beyond. We are open to applications for full time or 4 days/week, salary expectations between £32k and £35k (pro rata if 4 days/wk).
Please send us our CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role to [email protected]