Dorset based – WFH or office-based
£26,000 – £30,000 (pro rata) DOE
About Silicon South
Silicon South is a not-for-profit network that supports the digital, creative and tech sector in and around the Bournemouth cluster – including Poole, Christchurch and Dorset. Our aim is to support a thriving digital community driven by world-class, vibrant and exciting creative businesses.
We support people to expand their knowledge, build confidence and develop their potential to help companies to flourish. And we shout about the successes they generate to make sure the region continues to build its reputation across the country and beyond. We promote the interests of all of the companies that form the Silicon South Network.
We provide a range of workshops, events, mentoring and grants, backed up by extensive promotion and marketing – not just of the activities themselves – but highlighting the achievements and abilities of companies that sit in our region.
This role will be pivotal in driving that message forward and ensuring there is plenty to talk about too. You will reach out to companies across the network, developing our relationships, and searching for stories and achievements to share and promote. You will help to set up some of the activities that we stage, make sure that people know about them, and generate engagement and participation. You will talk to people across the Network to make sure deliver activities which they want and need and help to attract more people to join. You will oversee the Silicon South social media accounts and ensure that new content is posted regularly.
This job will suit someone who likes making connections and reaching out to a wide range of people (you will get to know a lot of people – business leaders in particular). You should be passionate about the digital, creative and tech sectors – and want to see our region thrive and gain national respect for the excellence that is produced by our local businesses – ideally international too.
You should have experience in marketing and/or communications and be active on social media. You should be able to write articles for online and/or press releases and be unafraid of using WordPress to update our website.
Silicon South is run by a small team working closely together, but from home much of the time. The role is really adaptable, which gives you plenty of scope to shape your own working day, but you need to be self-motivated.
- Help in the set up and promotion of the programmes delivered by Silicon South in BCP and across the Dorset LEP area, such as:
- Founder meetups
- Mentoring programme
- Deliver the communication and marketing of the programme content
- Reach out to the local digital sector to generate interest, engagement, and support e.g.
- Social media
- Update website – and oversee improvements with agency
- Networking events
- Generate the content strategy and creative required to communicate across these mediums
- Extend the reach of Silicon South beyond existing contacts to generate wider engagement with the activities provided
- Support the delivery of the projects and events
- Attend regional events to make new contacts and promote the Silicon South Network and encourage participation – these may be in the evening
- Provide clear reporting of activities to the project director and the Silicon South board as required (e.g. Website & Social Media performance)
- Deliver additional activities as required briefed and agreed with the project director
- Good knowledge of Digital, Creative & Tech sectors in Dorset would be an advantage
To apply please send C.V. and covering letter to [email protected]