It’s been a year hasn’t it?
Just before we all dash off to enjoy a slightly different Christmas, please join us in a virtual ‘round of applause‘ to many of the Silicon South Network Supporters who have achieved something great this year, despite everything 2020 has thrown at them.
Below, we provide a glimpse of some of the fabulous people the Network is so lucky to have. It’s been amazing how everyone has come together in one way or another, to help each other get through a challenging year. At the same time, there has been plenty of individual achievements too.
So to get the seasonal cheer flowing, and positive momentum started, let’s take a moment to celebrate…
- Scholar Web Services was awarded the hosting for the new Tank Museum Website. This came as a result of a referral from Jamie Derrick (JD) as they now operate as the ‘go to’ managed cloud infrastructure partner – Liz Bately, Client Services Director
- BBD Boom became a HubSpot Diamond Solutions Partner after just 3 years of trading, putting them in the top 20 HubSpot partners in the UK – Emma Lynch, Founder & Managing Director of BBD Boom LTD
- The creators of DiaryZapp, the award winning children’s journaling app, won an Innovate UK grant to build children’s well-being app for schools – DiaryZapp
- As a NXD, Adrian Dwyer led a successful £1m Innovate UK grant for AEH Hydrogel, a spin-out from the Graphene Engineering Innovation Centre, part of the project will develop digital control systems – Adrian Dwyer
- Technology innovators Dorset Creative were crowned with national recognition for “creating technology that has made a real impact to people’s lives” during the National Technology Awards 2020, where they triumphantly won ‘Healthcare Tech of the Year’ for their surgical training simulator – Rowena Revill, Director & Co-Founder
- South Coast Social and Podcast Labs joined forces to create “The Ultimate Podcast & Social Media Package”, giving businesses the opportunity to benefit from a combination of marketing services – Rich Lown, Marketing Manager at South Coast Social Ltd
- Media Lounge migrated global digital video game giant CDKeys online store over to Magento 2 – John Wood, Business Development Manager at Media Lounge
- Light FX UK were delighted to offer their services to Dorset County Hospital and Yeovil Hospital to thank them for their incredible work – Gavin Borthwick, Projection Mapping Specialist at LightFX UK
- Hatty Fawcett at Focused For Business launched a Funding Accelerator in July and the founders from the first two cohorts have already raised over £200K. Hatty was also named as one of the UK’s Top 50 Business Advisers by Enterprise Nation in the Finance and Funding category – Hatty Fawcett from Focused for Business
- Westrow (Content Strategy) created the web content and launch comms for data42, a big data project by Novartis healthcare, and Westrow himself considerably improved his guitar-picking, finger-style blues in E during lockdown – Westrow Cooper, Content Marketing Strategy
- During the first lockdown, Cress Rolfe at Seajar Digital in Christchurch created websites for two emerging charitable initiatives 1. Locally for the planned pop-up seasonal event ‘Christchurch Living Advent Calendar’ (sadly postponed this year but seeking venues & sponsors for next year) – christchurchlivingadventcalendar.org.uk 2. Cowrie Scholarship Foundation – formed in response to the Black Lives Matter movement, a national charity which aims to fund 100 disadvantaged Black British students through UK universities: cowriescholarshipfoundation.org.uk – Cress Role, Owner of Seajar Digital
- Passenger launched a new UK-wide bus app – With bus operators needing ways to communicate vehicle occupancy levels and information with users, Passenger developed and launched myTrip in September of 2020. Designed especially for smaller bus companies it has become the first step on a digital journey for many UK operators, with more joining every week – Bethan Hopkins, Marketing Manager at Passenger
- Richard Perry, 1. Built a national listing and sourcing SaaS service for UK food & drink sector, UKFoodWeb.info 2. Completed the build of a mobile-first marketplace for local retail and restaurants, LoveLocal.eu 3. Completed build and integration of their last-mile delivery service platform, Zip-B.co.uk – Richard Perry, The Great British Larder
- During this challenging year, the team at Adido have been working relentlessly to help their Ecommerce clients hit record breaking revenues in 2020. They are so proud of the work the team have achieved for their clients including Manutan, Ordnance Survey, Godminster who have all hit their best sales performance in 2020 whether it’s been a day, a week, month or quarter – Claire Ralston, Marketing & Events Manager at Adido
- PatientSource’s electronic patient record solution launched within the U.K.’s newest and largest rehabilitation hospital in Birmingham. – Lee Francis
- Chittak Limited is a Web Application and API Integration company. They have been appointed by Connections, a company that specialises in the targeted distribution customer offers into consumer homes using eCommerce retailer packages. Read the full press release here – Trevor Clarke BSc (hons), Director of Chittak Ltd
It’s a wonderful illustration to show that, despite all the bad news this year has thrown at us, there has been so many fantastic achievements and accomplishments from people and businesses within our local community.
Want to be included in the list? Send your story to Mitch at [email protected].
Or perhaps you’re looking to join a new community in the New Year? All that information can be found here
All that leaves us to say is, Merry Christmas, have a peaceful and well-earned break and here’s to looking forward to 2021!