1 year contract – September 2020 – September 2021
Salary – £25,000 – £29,000 D.O.E
Dorset based – WFH or office-based
About Silicon South
Silicon South is a not-for-profit entity which helps people in the creative digital sectors – and the companies they work with – to expand their knowledge, build confidence and develop their potential. We are a small team currently working on a European Programme to support the growth and development of digital, creative and tech companies in the Dorset area, and a network for those businesses. Both the Programme Director and Manager work from home much of the time, with days in the office when required.
This role focuses on delivery of activities which fall within the remit of the ESIF programme. Responsibilities will include the following actions:
- Help in the set up and promotion of the programmes delivered by Silicon South in BCP and across the Dorset LEP area, such as:
- Founder meetups
- Mentoring programme
- Approach and appoint relevant experts to deliver areas of programme content
- Help to deliver the communication and marketing of the programme content
- Reach out to the local digital sector to generate interest, engagement and support e.g.
- Social media
- Update website
- Networking events
- Generate the copy and content required to communicate across these mediums
- Extend the reach of Silicon South beyond existing contacts to generate wider engagement with the ERDF activities
- Use the reporting structures which support the delivery of the projects
- Support processes that monitor the engagement and subsequent growth of companies
- Utilise a robust metric measurement process, which meets EU standards
- Provide clear reporting of activities to the project director and the Silicon South board as required
- Deliver additional activities as required briefed and agreed with the project director
- You will work closely with the Programme Manager and directly report to the Programme Director.
To apply please send C.V and covering letter to [email protected]