- Team: Commercial
- Reports To: CEO
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary: up to £40,000 DOE
QuoStar is going through an exciting time, with lots of development and rapid change. The new world has opened significant opportunities for the business, and we need a new pillar within our management team. We have some significant growth targets to hit, and we want a bright and driven team player who thrives on challenge, can learn quickly and understands that effort and/or smart thinking gets results.
Ideally, you’ll already be a marketing manager in some B2B IT-related industry, preferably services rather than products. However, we are open to persuasion if you can show how you will deliver an impact and results. In fact, even if you aren’t in a management position but are almost there, in terms of experience and some of the requirements then we’ll certainly consider a smart application… Go on, wow us.
We are primarily looking for a bright person who wants to be part of a fast-paced environment, wants to achieve, grow and be one of the best. It’s also critical that you align to our values, as they are important to us; we hire, manage and develop our people around them – they aren’t just a sign on the wall.
Do you align with our values?
Please do really think about the below because it won’t work if you don’t.
- ‘Can do’: We’re positive, hardworking, and driven. Anything is possible.
- Approachable: We’re compassionate team players
- Genuine: We’re candid, up-front, and always focused on the win-win.
- Take ownership: We take ownership for our development and for our clients’ outcomes.
- Focused on the Detail: Paying attention to detail delivers quality and results.
So, if you think this is starting to sound like you then see how you measure up to what the role entails. There’s a summary below and we delve into the detail in due course of our recruitment process.
Your key accountabilities
The buck stops with you in these areas
- Lead generation (MQLs) – a critical part of scaling up the business
- Brand and reputation management – our reputation and positioning are very personal to us
- Marketing strategy – you won’t be alone with it, but it’s yours to own
Your key responsibilities
What you should be comfortable in and proven in doing
- Set and manage the budget – Be responsible for managing the marketing budget to deliver an ROI
- Deliver the strategy – Use your skills and experience to get the strategy and expected (generally) results delivered
- Design and manage marketing campaigns – Use multiple methods and channels to drive leads and engagement
- Manage and measure freelancers and/or agencies – Ensure they deliver to our standards and are deliver an effective ROI
- Website management – Ensure our website represents the brand in the correct manner to drive leads and engagement
- Manage social media channels – Enhance the brand and drive actions
- Analyse market trends – Know what’s going on in the market and our target sectors
- Plan and deliver events – From live events with hundreds of people through to online webinars
- Manage internal comms – Keep the messaging aligned to our values and culture
- Drive our PR – Manage our communications through our PR agency to enhance the brand and engagement
Your key skills
Some of the key skills you’ll need to be successful
- Digital marketing – Full competent in all areas of digital marketing
- Content marketing and management – Ensuring all content is carefully considered, engaging and delivers outcomes
- Organisation – Be very organised and very focused on the detail
- Project management – Be able a completer-finisher who can manage multiple projects at one.
- Negotiation – Must be comfortable getting the right win-win with partners
- Reporting – Be able to report on the status and success of the marketing function, in terms of reports and KPIs
- Presenting – Be comfortable speaking publicly and in front of the camera
- Self-starter – Be comfortable working on your own initiative, improving yourself, and seeking help when you need it.
- Communication – Impeccable English grammar and spelling accuracy along with a flair for verbal communication
- Leadership – You should be able to get things done using the people and partners available to you effectively
Some of the tools you’ll need to be used to using regularly
- Adobe Suite – Be able to use creative applications to tweak core assets, such as product sheets, hand-outs, etc. (In particular, InDesign and Illustrator– XD and Premiere Pro a bonus)
- PowerPoint – Be very comfortable creating presentations that deliver the desired outcomes
- HubSpot – Automate key processes, build landing pages, customise the CRM element to assist the commercial team
- Google Analytics – Obviously
Show you’re focused on your development
- We are going to want to see that you’ve developed yourself through your career so far.
What’s in it for you?
- Make the role you own – Freedom to run and develop your own business within the business.
- Work from where you like – Ideally, you’ll have some office time, but work where you are most productive. Also, if you feel you can do an outstanding job on a part-time basis – we will consider that.
- A competitive salary – Initially dependant on experience and then it’s down to you and your results
- Work in a dynamic team – All focused on growth and achievement, personally and professionally
- Work in a supportive team – Always there to support and assist, however, and whenever
- Be part of scale-up – See and feel the challenges and opportunities that we face as we grow the business
- Enjoy yourself – We take what we do seriously, but not necessarily ourselves!
- Benefits – Everything you’d expect in a senior role in a growth-focused organisation
What’s next? Send in your CV and show some flair!