A bit about us
We build technology to power sustainable transport that connects people and their communities.
Our highly-rated mobile app and website platform command a sizable share of the UK public transport market. Our technology is used by hundreds of thousands of users every day to travel to education, to work, and for independence.
Our mission is to become the first step of every journey and to achieve this goal we are growing our team based on the South Coast.
As a conscientious company, we value and support personal development. We strive to be a place of work where people want to be and plan to stay. We strive to support diversity, accessibility, and equality in every part of what we do.
What we offer you
- Annual pay rise in line with inflation
- A pension scheme that increases with long service
- EMI company share options which increase with long service and enables tax-efficient dividend payments
- 21 days holiday which increases with long service, plus Bank Holidays
- A salary range of £38,000 – £45,000
- A culture where work/life balance gets more than lip-service
- Colleagues and managers who support you to be the best you can be
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days, and celebrations
- Quarterly reviews and structured CPD
- CPD budget to help you grow as a person and progress within the company
- Option to work remotely up to 3-4 days a week
- Optional private medical health care through Bupa
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funds to purchase optical wear and medical vaccinations
A bit about the role
The role and the key responsibilities look a bit like this:
- Full or Part-time position
- Responsible for overall Marketing Strategy
- Managing strategic priorities as they change
- Responsible for line management of Marketing Team
- Leading an existing Marketing Manager with strategic direction and support
- Responsible for managing the Marketing budget
- Responsible for purchasing outsourced Marketing services/resources
- Ensuring research has delivered the best supplier
- Authorising purchases on behalf of the business
- Responsible for marketing projects. Marketing projects are diverse, some appearing as annual events, others once in a lifetime. Some examples include, but are not limited to;
- Marketing process review and implementation
- Internal support to operations for relevant business certifications
- Support of, and promotion for, our Customer Engagement Programme
- New product/feature launches
- Market research, review, and report
A bit about you
We recognise that the right person for this role may not have previous experience in all the areas that they become responsible for, so if you have any combination of these skills we’d be keen to hear from you.
Fear not, this role answers to and is supported by the COO and CEO – they’ll offer guidance and support in the early stages and be on hand to work with you as and when complexity emerges.
You’re a self-starter, doer, and soak up new ideas and techniques like a sponge. You have a fantastic enthusiasm for today’s technologies and tools, keeping up to date with modern technology, and loving all things digital, in print, on TV, and beyond.
1st class marketeer
You’ll be a dab hand at communicating complicated things in ways that everyone can understand. Your broad marketing experience will have been gained from years of building audiences in previous roles.
You’ll understand the power of design, brand, and tone of voice when it comes to building trust with existing customers and new ones. You’ll have responsibility for bringing every touchpoint of our business to life and will relish the challenge of making us stand out from companies that seemingly deliver the same things.
Strategic thinker, experienced planner
You’re keen to plan before making a move, drawing out the details before choosing the right path ahead. You naturally rationalise and balance priorities across a number of stakeholders and keep everyone informed along the way.
Leader of people
You’re good with people, be that in person, on the phone or by email. You’re comfortable working with both internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, understanding what motivates them to produce great results. You’ll know how to bring out the best in creatives, project managers and senior management alike.
Confident communicator, jargon translator
You’ll be confident writing and delivering presentations, which represent the best of what we produce. You’ll have a handle on the technical jargon that comes with building technology, but you’ll be able to turn it into language that everyone can understand at all levels of our customer’s business.
As a marketing professional, you’ll understand that apps are an important part of our daily lives, but features come second to benefits when communicating why our customers should buy from us.
You know that culture is more than a ping pong table and beer fridge! We’re proud of the culture we’ve cultivated over the last 12 years and you’ll be an integral part of making sure that it’s nurtured and communicated, promoting our values to external stakeholders and team members alike, from how we roll, to birthdays, lunches, summer and Christmas parties.
You’ll have a strong understanding of the needs of diverse audiences, and help train others how to better consider and communicate in these areas.
You know that to get the best value you often have to shop around, you also understand that best value doesn’t necessarily mean cheapest. With that in mind when it comes to the renewal of services or big expenditure, you present your findings after shopping around, with good clear reasons why your choice is the best value.
Experience and skills we need
- 3+ years in the same or similar role
- Marketing SaaS products
- Effective budget management
- Leading a marketing team
- Strategic planning
Experience and skills we like
- Previous agency and freelancer relationships that you can draw upon
- BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field, or CIM level 6 or above
As the world continues to adjust to life with COVID, we’re not 100% sure what office-based working looks like for us in 2021 and beyond. Long before the lockdown, we operated a 50/50 remote and office-based week and for most of the team, we found that this provided the opportunity to balance face-to-face contact and the space to focus when needed.
Our plans to return to our office are on hold until summer 2021 when we expect to shift our working pattern to a minimum of 1 to 2 days working onsite in the office with the rest of the time remote. The right candidate understands that they may need to commute to the office in Bournemouth in the future and so living in Dorset/Hampshire is required.
This role is an immediate start. Right now, it is 100% remote as the whole team continues to work from home. Any necessary equipment will be shipped to you before your start date.
Get in touch
If all this sounds like you then get in touch. Tell us why you want to work here and what youʼll bring to the team. Weʼd love to hear from you.
Our expected timeline for this position is detailed below, the dates are for information purposes only and subject to change without publication if it becomes necessary.
- Closed date: March 7th
- Successful candidates invited for phone interviews by: March 10th
- Phone interviews the week of: March 15th
- Face to face interview (video interview or socially distant f2f) the week of: March 22nd
- Job offered by: March 29th