Match Funded Grants
Our grants programme – which offers up to £1,000 to businesses – is about to close (end Oct 2021). It’s open to any business in the digital, creative and technology sectors in Dorset thanks to funding from the European Regional Development Fund. Usually these are 25% match-funded; however, rather amazingly, we’re in the rare position where we can offer them without any match funding needed from applicants – although some contribution is very welcome.
The funding is available to companies who are looking to invest, innovate and create new products at this time. They (and we) are tied to certain criteria in order to get this money out to local businesses.
The basic criteria is:
- You must be a business based in Dorset who has been trading for at least one year
- You must not have received grant funding from either Silicon South or Dorset Growth Hub since 2017
- You may have received other support
- You must be able to spend the full project total before the end of December 2021 – the grant will be reimbursed to you upon completion of all the project spend
- All project costs must be started after the panel approve your application
- The full project budget can only pay for external costs i.e – specialist equipment, consultancy or contractor fees etc. You can’t spend any of the budget on PAYE staff
- You must provide bank statements and invoices as proof of all project-related spend prior to the grant being released to you
- You will need to fill in a few forms (sorry!) but please don’t apply if you aren’t happy to do this – we will help guide you through all of it!
This grants scheme is in partnership with Dorset Growth Hub – and full guidelines have been compiled here.
To apply for the grant, please email [email protected] to set up a phone call.