Can you help to steer Silicon South’s future direction as our Cluster Manager?
Location: Bournemouth (home and office)
Salary level: £40,000-£45,000
With potential for job to be based on a 4-day week
Silicon South is looking for someone to take a prominent role in leading the organisation, providing strategic direction and delivering our activities and events.
Silicon South is dedicated to supporting the Digital, Creative and Tech industry in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Dorset and surrounding areas. It has created a Network for local companies to join and participate in. You will take a major role in shaping the future direction of the work needed to support the Network and the wider digital economy. This involves delivering activities which benefit our Supporters – e.g.: delivering events where they can meet prospect businesses; promoting the activities of the sector locally, nationally and internationally; linking with talent pipelines, such as local universities, to enable simpler access for employment.
You will help define the activities needed to achieve these aims in the longer term. This will be through regular contact with local companies and responding to the guidance of our industry steering group. You will also be instrumental in generating new revenues and seeking funding opportunities that can help support these activities. In the shorter term, you will manage the delivery of specific events which are already scheduled over the coming months. This is a senior role with the intention to take on growing responsibilities for the running of Silicon South as a whole.
This role will call on a diverse skill set:
- Based in Dorset, with a passion for the Digital Creative and Tech (DCT) sector, and eager to support its growth as a thriving sector in the UK
- A creative thinker/strategist who can develop new ideas in response to outside direction
- Able to turn ideas into concrete actions, and deliver them as specific projects or events
- Happy to talk to business leaders at a board level. You will get to know a wide range of people running companies across the region.
- Self-motivated and able to lead others
- Have a strong grasp of marketing, promotion and customer engagement
- An understanding of public funding
- Experience of working with stakeholders in both the public and private sector
- The ability to represent the interests of the sector to wider stakeholders
- Writing contract winning proposals
- Reporting to public funders and an appreciation of the requirements for audit-friendly reporting
- Maintaining timelines and budgets
- Reporting to the board
- Having an established network with the local DCT sector
- Knowledge of what it takes to run a successful business would be an advantage
Examples of specific activities include:
- Oversee development of the SiSo Network, to encourage companies to join
- Deliver events such as:
- Director Discussion Groups
- Multi-sector seminars
- Panel discussions – live and virtual
- Access to expert workshops
- Oversee the promotion and marketing of:
- Silicon South events
- Activities in the region
- Success and impacts of local businesses
- Managing industry steering group and securing their support for future activities
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role to: [email protected]